One of the key goals of the Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme is to encourage working professionals and non-PhD faculty members to pursue PhD as Part Time candidates. Therefore the Institution may consider admitting Part Time PhD Candidates (if permitted under your institute regulations) under "Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics & IT". It is envisioned that having Part Time PhD students would encourage the Industry-Academia interaction with better alignment of R&D efforts between them. It is also expected that this would also help in increasing the number of faculty members with higher qualifications in academic institutions.
We are happy to inform you that PhD Cell, MeitY has decided to call for new proposals for Part Time PhD seats for the academic year 2018-19. You may like to submit proposals for allocation of Part Time PhD seats under "Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics & IT".
Submission of proposal:-
- Please ensure that the institution is meeting the eligibility criteria for submission of proposal (click here for details).
- The eligible institutions may download the form (Application Form Part-I) and get it signed and stamped by the Nodal Officer and head of the institution. Through this form (Application Form Part-I) the institution seeks particular number of Part Time PhD seats under the scheme for AY 2018-19. Please refer to point (III) or (IV) whichever is applicable.
- The institutions already supported under the Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme may click here for submission of proposal for allocation of Part Time PhD seats for Academic Year 2018-19 (Log in using the existing credentials of nodal officer and visit Proposal tab -> Part Time PhD seats for academic year 2018-19)
- The Institutions not supported so far under the scheme may click here for filling up "Application Form Part-II" for submission of proposal for allocation of Part Time PhD seats for academic Year 2018-19. Signed and Stamped copy of "Application Form-Part I" should be uploaded in Part-II of application form.
- On submission of the proposal a unique Application ID will be generated and allotted to the applicant institute. The applicants can click here to check the status of their applications.
*NOTE: On receipt of the complete proposal it would be scrutinized by PhD cell at first level and the proposal may fall in one of the following categories-
- Proposal received by PhD Cell (To be scrutinized by PhD cell at first level)
- Proposal under discussion (The allocation of requested support of Part Time PhD seats by the institution under the scheme is subject to evaluation of the proposal for its eligibility, suitability and other parameters of the scheme).
- Proposal returned for re-submission (To be re-submitted within specific timelines).
- Does not meet eligibility criteria.
The institutions, seeking support under the scheme by submitting the proposal, may be requested to make a presentation on their proposal for which a communication would be sent in advance.